Header Ads

IELTS Exam Preparation in 10 Days

From January 9, 2017 when Fritz was able to register me successfully at IDP Philippines for my January 21, 2017 IELTS General Training exam, I have only twelve days prior the examination day.  I'm really worried with the writing and speaking tests. First, I'm not good in English. Since elementary until college I usually don't get good grades in this subject. Second, I'm not good also in word construction. I don't have ideas and good arguments on issues. I'm afraid I can't write an essay of 250 words. Third, my handwriting is bad. People can hardly read my penmanship. Fritz suggested that I will use bold letters but that won’t work for me either. 

On the other hand, in speaking test, I’m not a good speaker. I’m afraid that I will stutter and can’t think of any good ideas on the questions that the interviewer will throw unto me. I’m scared that I will be tongue tied and be mental black. Whew! That will be a great problem of mine. All in all I had only 10 days preparation since January 19 was our travel time and 15 was a Sunday. Even I was still a student I didn’t study on Sundays.

Below was the timetable of my review:

Day 1: I printed my materials, 9 Cambridge listening test and 9 reading test. I also printed 5 speaking test and 5 writing test. On my first day, I tried one each for writing and listening.

Day 2 & 3: I’ve done two reading test each day and one listening test.

Day 4 & 5: three listening test each day and 1 reading test

Day 6: watched the different Youtube videos from  IELTS Liz on writing. I also supplemented it with the videos from  Learn English with Rebecca.

Day 7: It’s Sunday, so it’s a rest day.

Day 8: Practice on writing

Day 9: Practice on writing as well as answering the questions on speaking test on my own

Day 10 &11: Practice one each day on writing, speaking, listening and reading. I was a little bit on a cramming mode here.

I hope I will have good grades even I don't have enough time to review.

Let's wait and see for the result.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.